Sunday, July 24, 2011

Myself in a nutshell

Hello all.  The names Kyle. Nice to meet you.  I have started this blog to document my journey to my dream career, making movies.  In here, I will chronicle my steps forward and steps back, my positive and negative experiences, my gains and my losses.  All to hopefully show you that dreams can and still do come true in todays day and age.

Just a little about myself so you know the kind of person I am.

I'm originally from Long Island NY but I lived for almost the past 13 years in WV.  I love movies, music, snowboarding, skateboarding (pretty much any sport involved in the X Games), hockey, baseball, football (All NY teams) I also love to challenge myself.  I have been overweight since i was about 7 years old (i'm now 26) and im still overweight, but i am pushing myself to lose the weight and live a healtier lifestyle.

Some of my favorite musicians are:  Incubus (favorite of all time) 12 Stones, Story Of The Year, Blessed by A Broken Heart, Thrice, Jimi Hendrix, Van Halen, Joe Satrani, Jayme Salviati(extremely talented local musician and a very good friend back home in WV) Common, 2 Pac, Blink 182, Rise Against,  Reel big Fish, OAR, EVE 6, Bullet For My Valentine... the list goes on for a while

I worked for a movie theatre for the past 9 years as an assistant/booth manager where i was the Projection booth supervisor (word to the wise, if you love movies, get a job in a movie theatre, the pay kinda sucks but you get to see movies for free as a perk of working there.)  I also worked for 3 radio stations for the past 3 1/2 years (another fun job, trust me.  It was min wage pay, but hanging out at a station with music you like is pretty awesome)

 I went to Shepherd University and Studied Mass Communications.  For those of you who dont know, my degree is a general overview of all things media.  I studied Radio, TV, Film, Media Law, Scriptwriting, Audio Production, etc..
I enjoyed my time at shepherd very much, I made many good friends, Im a proud brother of the Gamma Alpha Chapter of the Theta Xi Fraternity.  I'm pretty well liked and all around nice guy (dont mean to sound somewhat egotistic).

I now currently reside in Studio City, just north of Hollywood, CA.  I moved out here 2 months ago to pursue my dream of working in movies.  So far it has been a fruitless effort (I still trying to find a job, but i'm not giving up hope)

I hope that this gives you a sense of who I am and what I want to accomplish with my life.  I will be posting more soon, i promise.  (i want to do a seperate post on my favorite movies, actors, ETC...)

My other hope is that this blog will help give you the courage to pursue your dream, whatever it may be. Its possible, you just need to know what you want and do what you must to get it.

 I hope you enjoyed learning a little about me.  Leave me a comment if you have anything you would like to ask.  but thats all for now, and I hope to one day see you at the movies

-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment