Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Apes are Rising

Well, I got to see Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes today.  It was a great movie, it was extremely well done.

So this installment of the Planet Of The Apes franchise is a loose reimagining of Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes.  It shows how man lost dominance of the planet.  With out giving anything away, the movie was really good.  It was well written, the acting is good, and the CGI apes were very well done.  They looked much more natural and had a much more fluidly.  I highly recommend seeing this movie. 

My "looking forward to them" list of upcoming movie releases are as followed with reasons why I want to see it

Conan The Barbarian - I have no idea how good this movie will be, I want to see it to compare it to the original from the 80's

30 Minutes Or Less - Its from the creators of Zombieland,  which is a hilarious movie (fresh take on the zombie flick) and it just looks hilarious.

The Help -  Emma Stone is in it so it automatically has my attention, and the story looks interesting.

Our Idiot Brother - Good cast with Elizabeth Banks and Paul Rudd, also looks like it could be a good movie

Warrior - I love MMA and boxing, and the story of two brothers who have to fight each other sounds interesting. Plus Tom Hardy is in it and he is one of my favorite parts of Inception.

50/50 - Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen is an interesting combination.  I want to see how their on screen chemistry is.

Real Steele - Hugh Jackman is one of my favorite actors and he is impressive in every movie he does even if the movie is horrible *Cough* X-men: The Last Stand *Cough* So i'll be definately be seeing this.  Plus its like live action Rock'em Sock'em Robots. Whats not to like?

The Thing - Love the first one, now I want to see how this does

The Three Musketeers - just out of curiosity how they are going to retell this story

Paranomal Activity 3 -  I'm not sure how most people feel about this series but I like it.  It stays with you after you leave the theatre and I love movies that can show how to make a movie with a much smaller budget while still make something that is good.

In Time - I love Sci-fi, always have, and with the premise of this movie being that when you hit the age of 25 you stop aging and you can actually buy years of life. So basically you can live foreever if your rich.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows - I thought the first one with Robert Downey Jr was fantastic, and I hope this one is as well.  The only thing i'm skeptic about is the choice of the female lead, Noomi Rapace.  Now i'm not saying she cannot act, I have not seen anything with her in it, so I cant judge how good of an actress she is. I feel she has a lot to live up to because Rachel McAdams was fantastic in the last one.  She can act and she is beautiful.  Now Im hoping that Noomi Rapace knocks the performance out of the park, but since i havent seen anything with her in it i'm still skeptical.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocal - I love this series, and with Jeremy Renner added to the mix, this should make for a very exciting movie.

Well i'm sure i've missed a few, but there are always way to many movies to list at any given time.

Hope everyone has a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment